Skin issues are a common condition that hits us as we age. From freckles to acne, these marks represent how we have evolved over the years. However, these are unpleasant knocks on the doors of our skin, and all of us want to get rid of them. If you have an acne problem, we are here to give you the best remedies to reduce acne scars. You’ll be surprised to know that these are not expensive treatments, but simple home remedies.
Acne can be treated naturally with plenty of home remedies. The ingredients we mention below come with the high antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and they work like a natural acne scar treatment. You should understand that acne scars are stubborn and need time to disappear. You have to be patient with the remedies and keep applying it till you see clear skin. The home remedies take time but come with no side effects compared to cosmetic treatments. These work like natural bleaching elements and reduce the acne scars gradually but entirely.
What is an Acne Scar?
You get an acne scar once the fluid in the pimples dries up or at the end of the inflammation. The scars happen when the skin pores inflame and are filled with dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria. Your pores start swelling and break the follicle walls. Infected acne damages the skin tissue of that part on the skin, and turns into a scar.
How does an Acne Scar form?
Women who have high sebum content find their skin oilier compared to the rest.They are also more predisposed to having acne. Acne appears due to clogged hair follicles, even if you do not see any facial hair on the skin. They accumulate with sebum and dead skin cells, and that clogs the pore. It can result in a blackhead or whitehead. The process adds to the bacteria content on the hair follicles, and this skin bacterium is called Propionibacterium acnes. The inner layer of our skin or the dermis gets inflamed due to this, and that causes a pimple
The inflammation due to the acne ruptures the follicles and forms a pimple with fluid. It causes skin damages and needs time to heal. You can try out home remedies for reducing acne as well. The scars are the last stage of the acne when the fluid comes out of a pimple, and the spot dries up. These are more stubborn than the pimples itself because they last longer and disfigure your beautiful face.
How to get rid of acne scars using home treatments
The process of acne scar removal is not robust anymore. We will share the best natural remedies that you can try at home. You might already have some of these ingredients that help you start right away. Check out the top natural remedies to get rid of acne scar at home.
The Milky Coconut Scrub
Skim milk can help you reduce scars because it contains lactic acid and acts as a mild exfoliant. It helps reduce the number of dead skin cells and tones up your skin. Try to choose brown sugar, because it has a softer effect on the skin, but you can use white sugar as well. Organic coconut oil works wonders in the treatment of acne because it contains lauric acid, which kills bacteria that cause acne.
- one tsp of plain milk;
- 1 cup of brown sugar;
- ½ cup of raw coconut oil.
- Mix all three ingredients in a bowl and make a homogeneous paste;
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it for 30 minutes;
- Wash off the face mask with warm water.
Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
Apple cider vinegar is one of the main ingredients for home remedies, and also helps to get rid of acne scars. Astringent properties in vinegar stimulate blood circulation in the skin tissues and restore cells. Honey is an antibacterial and soothing remedy for the skin, so adding it, your mask will be even more effective.
- two tsp of apple cider vinegar;
- 1 tsp of raw honey;
- 2 tbsp of water;
- A cotton ball.
- Mix all three ingredients;
- Blend the honey well;
- Dip a cotton ball in the mix;
- Tap the scars with cotton and let it absorb.
The Witch Hazel Peeling Gel
Witch hazel is contained in plenty of remedies and also helps banish acne scars. It bears anti-inflammatory properties to fight the marks. This remedy also incorporates a useful aloe vera gel, because it has soothing properties and decreases inflammation, and apple cider vinegar as it peels the skin.
- ½ cup witch hazel essence;
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar;
- 1 cup pure aloe vera gel.
- Combine the components and make a paste;
- Wash your face and apply it on the scars;
- Let it stay overnight;
- Rinse your face in the morning.
Potent Scar Serum Recipe with Essential Oils
A mixture of essential oils can give you an amazing acne scars treatment. They are in considerably more costly opposed to other remedies but work fairly well. The remedy includes tamanu oil that has healing benefits, lavender oil for soothing features, helichrysum italicum oil for renewing skin, carrot seed oil to detoxify, elemi oil for collagen boost, and frankincense for anti-inflammatory properties.
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil;
- 5 drops elemi essential oil;
- 5 drops carrot seed essential oil;
- 5 drops helichrysum italicum;
- 5 drops lavender essential oil;
- Tamanu oil.
Along with the ingredients, you need a small and dark round bottle with a dropper or roller cap and a small funnel.
- Wash the bottle well and dry it;
- Combine all the essential oils;
- Fill bottle with tamanu oil;
- Put the cap and shake the bottle gently;
- Apply it on the scars twice a day.
The Lemon Almond Mask
Lemon serves as an astringent and can lessen the bacteria causing acne. It can be the greatest acne scar treatment for you because the component is always at home. Almonds are loaded with fatty acids, proteins, minerals, and vitamins. The mixture can help you treat acne at home.
- 1 tbsp lemon extract;
- 1 tbsp fresh honey;
- 1 tsp almond oil;
- 2 tbsp milk.
- Mix lemon, almond oil, and milk together;
- Add honey and mix well;
- Apply it to your skin and let it dry;
- Wash off with water.
Note: You must not step out under the burning sun after using a lemon mask.
The Oatmeal Honey Scrub
Oatmeal is a marvelous alternative to sugar scrubs. It has saponins and acts like a natural cleanser. It also comes with anti-inflammatory properties and possesses antioxidants. Honey calms, moisturizes and lightens the skin. You can also add coconut oil for better effects of this remedy.
- 2 tbsp oatmeal;
- ½ cup water;
- 1 tbsp honey;
- 2 tbsp coconut oil.
- Boil oatmeal in water and let it cool;
- Add the oil and honey;
- Mix the paste and apply on face;
- Let it remain for 30 minutes;
- Wash off with chilly water.
The Detox Remover
If you prefer facials, and you don’t mind doing such at home. The detox remover can be the best acne scar treatment for you. The element here is calcium bentonite clay, and that helps you get rid of toxins and makes the skin smooth and silky. The remedy comprises coconut oil and chamomile extract from herbal tea.
- ½ cup calcium bentonite clay;
- 1 tbsp coconut oil;
- 1 oz natural chamomile herbal tea;
- 2 drops of peppermint oil (voluntary).
- Make tea and let it cool;
- Mix the other ingredients and blend them thoroughly;
- Cleanse your face and apply the paste;
- Massage your face and wash off the mask.
The Natural Fresh Mask
You can use barely two ingredients. These are raw potatoes and tomatoes, which can also reduce your acne scars. The high vitamin content makes potatoes ideal for acne lightening. Tomatoes work better for the skin as they reduce acne, scars, spots, marks, and more. Both are powerful for acne skin:
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 cucumber;
- 2 avocados.
- Blend a tomato to make pulp;
- Grate avocados and the cucumber;
- Extract the juice of the two ingredients;
- Add it to tomato pulp and blend well;
- Apply the mix to your face and leave it on for 20 minutes;
- Clean your face with water.
The Lemon Coconut Exfoliator
Both lemon and coconut are antibacterial and can treat different types of acne scars. Nevertheless, lemons work like an exfoliator while coconut moisturizes the skin. You need both of these for this acne treatment, along with baking soda that regulates excess oil.
- 3 tsp lemon extract;
- 3 tsp baking soda;
- 3 tsp coconut oil.
- Mix all the three ingredients well;
- Take a cotton ball and rinse it into the mix-up;
- Apply the mix on the face;
- Leave it for an hour;
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
The Apple Fizz Perfector
Here is another recipe of apple cider vinegar, supplemented with salicylic acid. The combination helps you exfoliate skin and neutralize scars. They have anti-inflammatory properties and makes skin clearer. You also need sea salt for greater exfoliating.
- ½ oz apple cider vinegar;
- 5 pieces of aspirin (salicylic acid content);
- 4 tsp sea salt;
- 3 oz mineral water.
- Take a bowl and add water and vinegar;
- Smash an aspirin and add it to the mix;
- Add salt;
- Apply the solution on your skin with a cotton;
- Massage and let it sit for 30 minutes;
- Remove it when your face seems to be dry.
General Tips and Advice
Now you understand how to eliminate acne scars, but there are some tips you need to keep in mind. This will add better results to your strategy.
- Exfoliate frequently as it helps you stay away from the toxins. Ladies who have oily skin need more exfoliating treatments. It keeps away acne problems and makes skin more supple.
- You should drink at least three liters of water every day if not more. Water hydrates your body and keeps your skin clear.
- Have a significant amount of vitamin C to boost collagen production. Citrus fruits are a delicious alternative for this.
- Eat the right kind of food. Yogurt is an excellent example and can be transformed into amazing smoothies.
- Never pick the pimples you have on your skin as they make the scars more stubborn. These marks can be permanent and might not go with the home remedies.
- Make sure your skin is not allergic to any of the components you use
- If home remedies do not solve the condition, you can get expert help. Consult a dermatologist to get the right direction.
Now you understand how to get cleared acne scars, and we believe you can ditch your regular acne scar cosmetic, and choose better alternatives. These remedies are quick and powerful. You might not see the scars decreasing with one treatment, but you need to repeat to get real results. Having a clear skin adds confidence, and we get the perfect look for the day. If you have some of the ingredients at home right now, start preparing the recipe and get a clearer skin within no time!